Credit Control: From Start to Finish is delivered by Declan Flood, The Credit Coach, and is specifically designed for hardware stores dealing with companies and individuals. It concentrates on delivering excellence in credit, while walking the fine line between finance and sales.
Date: Thursday 13th September 2018
Location: Hardware Association Ireland, Blackchurch Business Park, Rathcoole, Dublin
Duration: One day
Cost: HAI Members: €110; Non Members: €170
“Excellent course, Declan is the best tutor I have attended. Great knowledge and delivered in good humour”
- The knowledge and confidence to make a positive difference in your business, to maximise the profits generated.
- A clear action plan to tackle your existing balances, irrespective of age and to deal with new business.
- You will receive a number of valuable tools, calculators and meaningful KPI’s to measure your success.
- Your Credit Policy – just a simple document to set out the rules is all that is needed here, that sets out your approach to risk, especially high risk potentially profitable accounts.
- Your Credit Terms – are they clear? are they communicated? are they enforceable and are they enforced?
- Setting lines of credit for your new and existing customers.
- Opening new accounts – the do’s and the don’ts.
- Managing your ledger – making sure every balance has a method of collection assigned to it.
- Correct approach for collection calls – different for companies and individuals.
- Applying the correct method of collection – including letters, calls, texts, visits etc.
- Cash Control – a fool proof system to account for every cent.
- Cash Flow Forecasting – it is easier than you think when you have all the information in place.
- Understanding and Mitigating Risk – the ten things you can do right now.
- Dealing with disputes and queries – and putting procedures in place to eliminate them.
- What to do when it all seems to be going wrong – the last thing on the list is legal action that can be time consuming, expensive and ineffective
Who Should Attend
This one-day training course is designed for Owners, Credit Controllers or Managers of Hardware Retail Stores & Builders Merchants who are responsible for the collection of the money due from both companies and individuals.
About the trainer
Declan Flood, from Irish Credit Management Training, is recognised as the expert on all aspects of Credit Management in Ireland and beyond. He holds over twenty years’ experience, any credit problem that you could encounter he either has the solution or knows the best person available to help you.
He is recognized as a thought leader in credit worldwide for his total business approach to credit. He believes that credit is not only about getting paid in full and on time, it is also about maintaining excellent customer relationships and finding a way to deliver every order.