Building confidence in the wood-flooring sector. Increased confidence = Increased Sales.
This workshop is intended as a follow-on from the introductory workshop, and also for any attendees who have prior experience in the wood flooring sector. We invite all participants to bring along a specific issue for us to discuss.
Location: Hardware Association Ireland, Blackchurch Business Park, Rathcoole, Dublin
Duration: One day
Cost: HAI Members: €210; Non Members: €270
On completion of this training the attendee will have more indepth knowledge of wood and wood flooring, be in a position to guide other staff in your organisation and be the (go-to) person to answer all technical questions raised by customers and/or staff.
- Product Knowledge
- Indepth discussion of wood and wood materials
- Your company’s range of products/positive selling points
- Range of wood flooring on Irish market
- Latest innovations in wood flooring
- Horses for Courses
- The right product for the right application
- Brinell Hardness Scale
- Technical data sheet – how to read and apply
- Measurement, metric and imperial
- US nominal vs cover
- Discuss thickness descriptions from manufacturers
- Emphasis on moisture and wood – review from Introductory
- Effects of climate on wood and wood products
- Optimum moisture/humidity level in different products/environments
- Add-on sales to basic wood flooring
- Recommended substrates, maintenance products, protection and accessories
- Review installation options – Videos
- Finishes for wood floors
- Factory versus on-site
- Benefits and downsides of different finishes
- How manufacturers add value
- Problem solving and avoiding
- Causes and cures
- How to deal with customer complaints
- Storage of wood flooring
- How to avoid degrade/damage
- Stock rotation
- Environmental issues
- EUTR, FSC, PEFC
- Safety Data Sheets
- Continuous learning
- How to grow your knowledge with experience
- Discussion period
- Open discussion on all of the above
ON COMPLETION OF THE WORKSHOP ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE
Who Should Attend?
This programme will be of direct benefit to people familiar with the industry as well as those who want to update their skills
- Sales Personnel
This programme consists of workshops, case studies, lectures, exercises and group discussions. We will also show relevant videos and provide practical handouts from NOFMA (National Oak Flooring Manufacturers Associations), as well as materials from NWFA (National Wood Flooring Association), AHEC (American Hardwood Export Council) and TRADA (Timber Research And Development Association) will be used and discussed.
About the trainer
John McCabe is a consultant in the wood industry and particularly in the international wood flooring industry for more than 35 years. He has been a guest lecturer at the furniture college in Letterfrack, Co. Galway, lecturing on wood, wood products and production for a number of years.
For the last 20 years he has been focusing on sourcing wood, wood products and in particular wood flooring for clients in Ireland, UK, Netherlands, US, Central America, and has also been providing technical support for innovation in wood flooring industries in Europe, China, USA, Canada and Brazil.