The Consultative Selling Skills course aims to equip hardware retailers and builders merchants with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to deliver excellence in customer service in order to maximise every selling opportunity with a customer.
Location: Virtual Classroom
Duration: One day
Cost: HAI Members: €210; Non Members: €270
For queries about future Consultative Selling Skills training please contact Aoife at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 2980969.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- State and demonstrate how to positively open a sale using a greeting and a leading statement
- Explain a customer need versus a customer want
- Define an “open” question
- Define a “closed” question
- Give examples of open and closed questions to effectively establish customers’ needs and wants
- Define, giving examples of the features, advantages and benefits (FAB) of products and services sold
- Explain how to match the products and services sold with a customer needs and wants
- Describe giving examples of a “related sale” or “cross selling” or “up selling”
- Explain how to turn customer objections in to a reason for buying
- State and demonstrate the five main ways to successfully close a sale
The 5 Step Process of Consultative Sales Techniques
- Step 1 – First Contact – Opening a Sale
- Step 2 – Establishing Customer Wants & Needs – Questioning Techniques
- Step 3 – Matching Products & Services – Consultative Skills
- Step 4 – Handling A Customer Objection – A Buying Signal
- Step 5 – Closing the Sale – A Win Win
Who Should Attend
This one day virtual training course is designed for retail sales assistants, trade counter sales assistants and other sales staff in hardware retailers and builders merchants who are looking to equip themselves with the knowledge, skills and strategy to effectively sell to customers in a retail setting. This is a particularly useful workshop for those new to hardware sales, or those who are looking to update their skills in a friendly, flexible setting among peers.
This is a highly interactive course delivered online via virtual classroom, using demonstration, individual and group exercises and discussions, along with participant practice to reinforce learning. Participants will be required to produce a sales plan for a defined period of time.
About the Trainer:
Susan Madden holds an MSc in Human Resource Development and Performance Management from Leicester University, and Strategic Planning and Retail Management Programme with the Babson School of Executive Education, (USA). Susan’s distinctive approach to training design and learning delivery, has led to the many successful national assignments such as the development of various QQI Common Award and Retail Modules at levels 3, 4, 5 and 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). In addition, Susan has worked with a number of Irish & International retail companies on bespoke consultancy-based projects including the development of Performance Management Systems and Standard Operating Procedures