The Virtual Consultative Selling Skills Workshop aims to equip hardware and building materials suppliers with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to deliver excellence in sales to maximise every selling opportunity with a customer.
Date: 22nd September
Duration: Half day
Cost: HAI Members: €120; Non Members: €150
For queries about future Consultative Selling Skills training please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 2980969.
“Excellent practical course – have done several but certainly ran better and more tools for work next day.”
This half-day course explores the foundations of effective communications including using voice tone, body language and building rapport before exploring the tactics and frameworks needed to sell effectively.
- How the Mind Works
- Multi-sensory communication
- “Painting pictures” with words
- Altered States
- Words, Para-linguistics (voice tone) and Body Language
- Building instant rapport
- Clearing the decks
- The 90/90 rule – First Impressions
- Approach and Introduction – Arousing and maintaining interest
Attitude Enthusiasm & Persuasion
- Enthusiasm and Confidence
- Six skills that add power to your words – Upping your vocal & verbal skills
- The Customer Transition – the buying thought process
- The Steps of the Sale
- Fact Finding and Establishing Needs
- Questioning Techniques
- Selling your product or service features & benefits
- Making recommendations – Matching product suitability to customer wants
- Handling Interruptions, Without getting side tracked
- Overcoming objections – two formulae for rebutting objections
- Seven Strategies for Closing the Sale
Who Should Attend?
This course has been tailored for companies supplying to Hardware Retailers & Merchants.
This is a highly interactive workshop; Demonstration, individual and group exercises and discussions, along with participant practice will be used to reinforce learning.
About the trainer
Terry Harmer is a Member of the Institute of Training & Development (MIITD), a Fellow of the Sales Institute of Ireland, (FSII), a Member of the Marketing Institute of Ireland, (MMII) a Licensed Practitioner of NLP, (NLP Prac.), holds a BSc. in Business Administration, and a Certificate in Training & Continuing Education, training on training evaluation and transfer of skills to the workplace.
After a period of four years, from 1973 to 1977 working in a family furniture business, Terry entered the insurance industry, and built a career (from Salesman to General Manager) on strengths in training and development, people management and leadership skills.
In 1991, he formed NLC, and specialises in designing and implementing training programmes and modules modelled on world class companies, using best practice initiatives, to train Sales, Customer Service, Communications, Teambuilding, Leadership, and People Management. He trains City & Guilds and FETAC and short training programmes for a number of Skillnets since 2000. He is on the Enterprise Ireland Mentor panel.