Building confidence in the wood-flooring sector. Increased confidence = Increased Sales.
This one-day workshop will equip hardware retail or builders merchant staff with the product knowledge they need to effectively and confidently sell wood flooring products to end users and trade customers.
Location: Hardware Association Ireland, Blackchurch Business Park, Rathcoole, Dublin
Duration: One day
Cost: HAI Members: €210; Non Members: €270
For any queries about future Introductory Workshops on Wood Flooring please contact Aoife at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 2980969.
Great course, would highly recommend it.
On completion of this training attendees will:
- Gain product confidence
- Assess buyers needs and sell higher value products
- Knowledgeably discuss range of flooring products on market
- Sell add-on products
- Minimise claims
- Project a positive and professional image of your company
- Gain buyers confidence
- Product Knowledge
- Introduction to wood, hardwood and softwood
- Language of wood floors
- Benefits of wood floors
- Your company’s products/positive selling points
- Market for wood flooring and range of wood flooring on wider market
- New products/processes
- Selecting the right product for the right floor
- Laminate/engineered/solid flooring
- Brinell Hardness Scale
- Measurement, metric and imperial
- US vs Europe
- Explanation of thickness descriptions
- Emphasis on moisture and wood
- Effects of climate on wood and wood products
- Optimum moisture/humidity in certain environments
- Selling from a technical perspective
- How to assist your customer in selecting their own floor
- How to add value to your sale
- Customer care
- Installation option – Videos
- Finishes for wood floors
- Range of finishes
- Benefits and downsides of various finishes
- Adding value to finishing
- Problem-solving and avoiding
- Causes and cures
- Storage of wood flooring
- How to avoid degrade/damage
- Environmental issues and safety
- Continuous learning
- How to grow your knowledge with experience
- Discussion period
- All attendees will be invited to bring an issue or experience to do with wood floors to share, have discussed and resolved
ON COMPLETION OF THE WORKSHOP ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE AND QUALIFY TO ATTEND THE ADVANCED WOOD FLOORING WORKSHOP.
Who Should Attend?
This programme will be of direct benefit to people new to the industry as well as those who want a ‘refresher’
- Sales Personnel
- Warehouse/yard operatives
- Fitters/installers (separate course specifically for this sector is available)
This programme consists of workshops, case studies, lectures, exercises and group discussions. We will also show relevant videos and provide practical handouts from NOFMA (National Oak Flooring Manufacturers Associations), as well as materials from NWFA (National Wood Flooring Association), AHEC (American Hardwood Export Council) and TRADA (Timber Research And Development Association) will be used and discussed.
About the trainer
John McCabe is a consultant in the wood industry and particularly in the international wood flooring industry for more than 35 years. He has been a guest lecturer at the furniture college in Letterfrack, Co. Galway, lecturing on wood, wood products and production for a number of years.
For the last 20 years he has been focusing on sourcing wood, wood products and in particular wood flooring for clients in Ireland, UK, Netherlands, US, Central America, and has also been providing technical support for innovation in wood flooring industries in Europe, China, USA, Canada and Brazil.