Date(s) - 07/05/2019
7:30 am - 9:00 am
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
HAI is pleased to collaborate with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) to deliver a breakfast briefing on the Nearly Zero Energy Building (nZEB) standards and its impact on the latest building regulations. The nZEB standard will apply to all new buildings occupied after the 31st December 2020, and for Public Sector bodies the standard was put into effect for all new buildings owned and occupied by the 31st December 2018. Now is the time for Builders Merchants to get up to date on those standards and to keep informed of the opportunities available to them.
More information about the standards can be found here.
The morning will begin with an introduction by Emer Burton, Programme Manager for the Better Energy Homes Programme, followed by the breakfast briefing which will be delivered by Orla Coyle, Programme Manager for Near Zero Energy Buildings & High Performance Retrofit at SEAI. This briefing will cover the following topics:
- Update on the government’s drive towards the upgrade of 45,000 homes per year and the swap-out of 170,000 oil boilers for heat pumps and solar thermal.
- What is the nZEB Standard and who should know about it.
- How will it be implemented and what impact will it have on current legislation including Building Regulations.
- What training, promotion and information is or will be available.
- What products are likely to be involved.
- Opportunities for Builders Merchants & Hardware Stores.
HAI Member – Free of charge
Non-Member – €10.00
Places are limited, to book your place please complete the form below. Breakfast and refreshments will be provided on the morning.
For any queries about this event please contact Jim Copeland at email@example.com or call 01 2980969.