Date(s) - 20/02/2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Since the enactment of the Data Protection Act 1988, and with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force on the 25th May this year, the legal obligations and requirements for businesses and others to safeguard personal data have grown enormously. Responsibility covers all functions associated with personal data gathering, storing, accessing, safeguarding and disposal in line with the rules of data protection legislation. Failure to comply can lead to heavy fines.
In collaboration with HAI, Anita Murphy will deliver a half-day workshop covering the GDPR and how hardware businesses can prepare for it.
Date: Tuesday 20th February 2018.
Location: Citywest Hotel, Saggart, Co. Dublin
Time: 9am – 12pm
Cost per Attendee: HAI Member – €30, Non-Member – €40
Attendance Limit: 30
Key workshop topics:
- The current legal framework.
- The Irish Data Protection Act 2018.
- GDPR as applicable from 25 May 2018.
- Preparatory steps for the GDPR.
- Responsibilities of controllers and processors.
- Obligations on controllers and processors.
- Responsibilities of the retailer as a Data Controller.
- Practical examples and next steps.
Benefits for Participants:
- High-level overview of data protection legislation.
- Get a clear understanding of your obligations.
- Enhanced quality and reputation.
- Increased level of compliance.
- Preparation for compliance with new legislation.
- Opportunity to network and share experience/learning with peers.
Anita Murphy is a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) consultant with expertise in data protection law. She advises clients on data privacy matters such as data breaches, subject access requests, drafting privacy and data protection policies and planning a roadmap to GDPR compliance. Anita also provides training and information sessions for clients on data protection and the GDPR. Anita has a BA and MA from UCC, a Higher Diploma in Health and Safety in the Workplace, an MA in Human Resources Management from CIT and is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
To book your place please fill in the form below. Note that this workshop has a limited attendance of 30 people, so book before spaces fill up.
If you have any issues submitting this form please click here.