“HAI functions as a vital line of communications within the Irish hardware industry. The training seminars are designed solely for our industry. They advocate with success on behalf of the hardware industry to the Irish government, stress the importance of social media engagement with our customers and offer training and information accordingly”
How HAI will benefit your business…
Retailer/Merchant (<5 Employees)
HAI is proud to represent smaller hardware, homeware, paint and DIY specialists, many of whom are family businesses through our suite of support services and offers. If you are looking for ways to cut costs and to improve workflow efficiencies we can provide you with advice and support in a number of areas including credit management, debt collection, business insurance and family business support, all provided by industry experts with sector-specific experience.
Retailer/Merchant (6-10 Employees)
- Business Support services
- HAI offers a catalogue of classroom training opportunities for retailers and merchants to help new and existing staff develop in their role.
- Online training is also available to HAI members with the Hardware Education Hub offering a wide range of e-learning modules and support resources, which employees can access from anywhere and at any time.
- Business owners can also enjoy access to opportunities at annual networking events such as the Hardware Show and the Hardware Conference, along with advertising opportunities in the Association’s trade publication, The Hardware Journal.
Retailer/Merchant (11+ Employees)
- HAI’s HR suite of support services and advice is available to all HAI members who are looking for legal and procedural advice on managing growing work-forces. Employment services are also available to help business owners and manager find the right fit for their team.
- For any employees looking to move to the next level in their role, they can look at how our classroom training opportunities can progress them through their development journey.
- We continue to lobby for the best interests of the hardware sector through representation of its needs, particularly with topics such as the illicit trade of solid fuels, tax implications for businesses and development incentives to support businesses surviving in rural areas.
For larger multi-branch retailer/merchant groups we ensure each branch can avail of training opportunities, our industry-specific magazine and monthly newsletters to keep informed about HAI services and industry news.
All retailers and merchants can participate in the HAI quarterly business index of net sales. Measure your business performance against the market. All sales data is submitted to a trusted third party and never disclosed to HAI. Prepared each quarter, participants are asked to complete a short survey and in return once all data is gathered, are sent a detailed breakdown of sales increase/decrease month-on-month and year-on-year; further broken down by region, area, number of staff and number of branches.
HAI represents over 100 distributors and suppliers in the industry, and through membership can enjoy key benefits such as training and development, both online and offline, discounted advertising rates in HAI’s trade publication, The Hardware Journal, discounted exhibition space at the biennial Hardware Show and various sponsorship and networking opportunities through events and The Hardware Conference.
Manufacturers membership of the Association is crucial to support the industry as a whole and their customer base of retailers and merchants. HAI offers unrivaled networking opportunities with customers as well as advertising, sponsorship and exhibition space to showcase new and existing products, meet new customers and build relationships with existing ones.
Membership also offers the option to travel to relevant trade shows abroad and develop new markets.
Membership of Hardware Association Ireland is open to hardware and builders merchants, distributors and manufacturers of hardware, building materials or allied commodities.
Annual subscription fees are based on the number of full-time employees (two part-time employees count as one full-time employee) for retailers and merchants and are invoiced for a calendar year due on 1st January.
Members who join during the year will be invoiced pro-rata for the remaining part of the calendar year.
|Retailer/merchant <5 employees||€302|
|Retailer/merchant 6-10 employees||€471|
|Retailer/merchant 11+ employees||€689|
|Retailer/merchant multi-branch||€689 + €50 per branch|