HAI-organised Study Tours and visits to Trade Shows abroad offer a number of benefits to HAI members including:
- Access to an International Exhibition – many of the trips are free of charge to HAI members.
- Interest by an international trade body to work with HAI – broadening connections with appropriate bodies throughout Europe and beyond.
- Bringing key Irish professionals in the industry together across the supply chain from retailer to merchant and supplier.
- Facilitating Supplier contacts – meeting new suppliers from home and away.
- Facilitating Delegate contact/relationships – networking with colleagues in the industry.
- An opportunity to get to know each other – deepening our understanding of the Irish marketplace.
The group sizes tend to be no greater than 20 people at any one time so that if you don’t know anyone at the start of the trip, you’ll know them all by the end.
Based in Milton Keynes, this two-day Study Tour to the UK market includes:
- A review of UK market performance, the factors affecting growth and an overview of each of the key retailers, their trading strategy, financial performance, store portfolio and recent developments.
- Analysis and insight into best practice from each of the key players.
- Visits to the latest new format stores including B&Q (Warehouse), B&Q (city store, North London), Bunnings Warehouse, Selco, Wickes, Screwfix, Toolstation and MP Moran.
- Overview of current retail price points within relevant categories and across different channels.
- Overview of the on-line market place and the potential disruptors.
- Network with retailers and builders merchants on the trip, maximum group size 15.
Hosted by Steve Collinge from the Insight Retail Group, the tour costs €600 including flights, accommodation and meals for members.
Contact Annemarie by email or call 01 298 0969 to register your interest in going on this Study Tour and for more information.
From 5th to 8th February 2019 inclusive, the Poznan International Fair will take place in Poznan, Poland. 800 exhibitors from 43 countries gather together under one roof, making it the largest construction industry fair in Central/Eastern Europe.
The organisers of the Fair have a Hosted Buyers Programme available which means the cost to you for attending is covered. Benefits include:
- Appointment system with exhibitors.
- Accommodation in a Poznan hotel (two nights).
- Dedicated BUDMA support team.
- Networking opportunities.
- Complementary flights from Dublin airport to Poznan.
- Admittance to exclusive BUDMA business evening.
- Airport – hotel – exhibition transfers within Poznan.
- Hosted Buyers Zone access with complimentary wi-fi and other services.
HAI will host a networking evening for HAI members in attendance. For more information contact Annemarie by email or call 01 298 0969.
HAI will be attending Buyer Point in Milan on 8th/9th/10th May 2018. This trade show focuses on matching buyers with suppliers and manufacturers in the Italian market through a series of one-to-one meetings (speed networking). At this event there will be a specific focus on the Irish market with a presentation by HAI and a presence at the trade show. HAI members will also be have the opportunity for a day of store visits following the close of the show.
HAI members can avail of free travel and accommodation for this event. The draft itinerary is as follows:
|Tuesday 8th May||07.25||Fly from Dublin to Milan|
|12.05||Arrive and transfer to M89 Hotel in Mecenate Street, Milan|
Conference on the Irish market –
Subjects including Brexit and how the Irish DIY/merchant market works. Speech from HAI CEO/President; presentation from buyer and supplier/manufacturer from Irish market to be included.
|Wednesday 9th May||9.00 to 17.00||Buyer Point with one-to-one meetings and appointments at the Exhibition Area between buyers and companies.|
HAI organised dinner.
|Thursday 10th May||From 10.00||
Store tour to stores including:
|19.30||Arrive at airport|
|21.25||Flight to Dublin arrives 23.05|
Contact Annemarie by email or call 01 298 0969 to register your interest and for more information. Places are limited, there is a €100 HAI registration fee which is non-refundable should you cancel.