HAI-organised Study Tours and visits to Trade Shows abroad offer a number of benefits to HAI members including:
- Access to an International Exhibition – many of the trips are free of charge to HAI members.
- Interest by an international trade body to work with HAI – broadening connections with appropriate bodies throughout Europe and beyond.
- Bringing key Irish professionals in the industry together across the supply chain from retailer to merchant and supplier.
- Facilitating Supplier contacts – meeting new suppliers from home and away.
- Facilitating Delegate contact/relationships – networking with colleagues in the industry.
- An opportunity to get to know each other – deepening our understanding of the Irish marketplace.
The group sizes tend to be no greater than 20 people at any one time so that if you don’t know anyone at the start of the trip, you’ll know them all by the end.
Construction Trade Mission to the UK, March 6th/7th 2019
The British Embassy in Ireland and the UK’s Midlands Engine region are organising a major “Meet the Buyer” seminar and networking event in Coventry on Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th March 2019.
Taking place within Coventry’s Ricoh Arena, used by Wasps RFC and Coventry City football club, the event will provide Irish hardware and construction companies with a unique opportunity to meet with potential new suppliers and manufacturers of construction products from the UK.
The British Embassy will cover all travel, meals and accommodation costs for participating Irish companies, which will include a dinner on the evening of 6th March hosted by the British Ambassador to Ireland, Robin Barnett.
While a “Meet the Buyer” session for participating Irish companies will be the main focus of the event, there will also be workshops and presentations on trading and business opportunities for both Irish and UK companies. There will also be an opportunity for Irish companies to exhibit at the venue should they wish, free of charge.
Irish companies will be given total control on who they choose to meet through a business matching service in advance of the event – we would simply need a list of the products and services, or types of companies, you would be interested in sourcing from the UK, and the British Embassy will do the rest.
Please contact Annemarie on 01 298 0969 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Places are limited and a registration fee of €100 will apply to confirm your place.
From 12th to 15th February 2019 inclusive, the Poznan International Fair will take place in Poznan, Poland. 800 exhibitors from 43 countries gather together under one roof, making it the largest construction industry fair in Central/Eastern Europe.
The organisers of the Fair have a Hosted Buyers Programme available which means the cost to you for attending is covered. Benefits include:
- Appointment system with exhibitors.
- Accommodation in a Poznan hotel (two nights).
- Dedicated BUDMA support team.
- Networking opportunities.
- Complementary flights from Dublin to Poznan.
- Admittance to exclusive BUDMA business evening.
- Airport – hotel – exhibition transfers within Poznan.
- Hosted Buyers Zone access with complimentary wi-fi and other services.
For more information contact Annemarie by email or call 01 298 0969.
Based in Birmingham, this two-day UK Construction Week & Study Tour in October includes:
Day One: A visit to UK Construction Week at the NEC including Timber Expo, Build Show, Civils Expo, Plant & Machinery Live, Energy 2018, Building Tech Live, Surface & Materials Show and HVAC. Special VIP access at the Show is offered to all HAI members on the trip.
Day Two: Visits to retailers and builders merchants in the Birmingham area.
- A review of UK market performance since the demise of Bunnings, the poor performance of Wickes and the re-emergence of Homebase.
- Visits to B&Q (Warehouse), Selco Builders Warehouse, Screwfix, Toolstation, Hirestation and Built (a drive-thru builders merchant).
- Overview of the current on-line market place and the potential disruptors.
- Network with retailers and builders merchants on the trip, maximum group size 15.
Hosted by Steve Collinge from the Insight Retail Group, the tour costs €600 including flights, accommodation and meals for members.
Contact Annemarie by email or call 01 298 0969 to register your interest in going on this Tour and for more information.
HAI attended Buyer Point in Milan on 8th to 10th May 2018. The trade show focused on matching buyers with suppliers and manufacturers in the Italian market through a series of one-to-one meetings (speed networking). 2018 had a specific focus on the Irish market with a presence at the trade show. The visit concluded with a tour of some of Italy’s top hardware/DIY stores.