HAI-organised Study Tours offer a number of benefits to HAI members including:
- Bringing key Irish professionals in the industry together across the supply chain from retailer to merchant and supplier.
- Facilitating Supplier contacts – meeting new suppliers
- Facilitating Delegate contact/relationships – networking with colleagues in the industry.
- An opportunity to get to know each other – deepening our understanding of the Irish marketplace.
The group sizes tend to be no greater than 20 people at any one time so that if you don’t know anyone at the start of the trip, you’ll know them all by the end.
Based in Birmingham, this two-day UK Construction Week & Study Tour in October includes:
Day One: A visit to UK Construction Week at the NEC including Timber Expo, Build Show, Civils Expo, Plant & Machinery Live, Energy 2018, Building Tech Live, Surface & Materials Show and HVAC. Special VIP access at the Show is offered to all HAI members on the trip.
Day Two: Visits to retailers and builders merchants in the Birmingham area.
- A review of UK market performance since the demise of Bunnings, the poor performance of Wickes and the re-emergence of Homebase.
- Visits to B&Q (Warehouse), Selco Builders Warehouse, Screwfix, Toolstation, Hirestation and Built (a drive-thru builders merchant).
- Overview of the current on-line market place and the potential disruptors.
- Network with retailers and builders merchants on the trip, maximum group size 15.
Hosted by Steve Collinge from the Insight Retail Group, the tour costs €600 including flights, accommodation and meals for members.
Call HAI on 01 298 0969 to register your interest in going on this Tour and for more information.