“Delivering service excellence as a point of differentiation”
Customer Service Excellence aims to equip hardware retail store managers and floor staff with the necessary knowledge and attitude to deliver excellence in customer service to ensure customers continue to do business with you rather than your competitor.
Time and Date: 9.30am-12.30pm, 22nd February 2023
Cost: HAI Members: €120; Non Members: €150
For more information please contact Aoife at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 2980969.
“Brilliant course, very well done. Thoroughly enjoyed and learned a lot.”
At the end of this Workshop participants will:
- Define “Customer Service”
- State and explain the “Three Circles of Customer Service”
- Explain the meaning and significance of excellent customer service to their store
- Learn the components needed to improve their communication skills
- Be equipped with the tools and skills needed to implement a successful Customer Service Excellence strategy
- What is customer service?
- The Three Circles of Customer Service
- The Five Stages in the Customer Service Journey
- The Cycle of Service
- Customer Service to Customer Loyalty
- A satisfied customer is a repeat customer
- Satisfied customers sell for you The main components of communication
- Listening skills & Questioning techniques
- Writing – Speaking – Non-verbal communication
- Internal customer service
- Turning the Pyramid on its Head
- The elements of effective customer service
- Developing and Demonstrating a positive attitude
- Letting your customers know that you value and respect them
- About Customers
- Why Businesses lose Customers
- What Customers value in Salespeople
- The lifetime Value of a Customer
- The Multiplicative effects of Poor Customer Service
- Customer Inquiries, Compliments & Complaints
- Justified and Unjustified
- Your company policy remedy list
- The Disney Matrix
- Appropriate responses
- Action Plan
- How to implement a Customer Service excellence strategy
Who Should Attend
This workshop is tailored to the needs of Hardware Retailers, Agri-retailers and builders merchants
This is a highly interactive workshop delivered through demonstration, individual and group exercises and discussions, along with participant practice will be used to reinforce learning.
About the trainer
Terry Harmer is a Member of the Institute of Training & Development (MIITD), a Fellow of the Sales Institute of Ireland, (FSII), a Member of the Marketing Institute of Ireland, (MMII) a Licensed Practitioner of NLP, (NLP Prac.), holds a BSc. in Business Administration, and a Certificate in Training & Continuing Education, training on training evaluation and transfer of skills to the workplace.
After a period of four years, from 1973 to 1977 working in a family furniture business, Terry entered the insurance industry, and built a career (from Salesman to General Manager) on strengths in training and development, people management and leadership skills.
In 1991, he formed NLC, and specialises in designing and implementing training programmes and modules modelled on world class companies, using best practice initiatives, to train Sales, Customer Service, Communications, Teambuilding, Leadership, and People Management. He trains City & Guilds and FETAC and short training programmes for a number of Skillnets since 2000. He is on the Enterprise Ireland Mentor panel.