This highly interactive two-day workshop is designed to provide hardware industry sales reps, who need to overcome objections and difficulties, with a basic comfort level to negotiate in any situation and includes techniques to promote effective communication and gives you techniques for turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
Location: Hardware Association Ireland, Blackchurch Business Park, Rathcoole, Dublin
Duration: Two days
Cost: HAI Members: €420; Non Members: €470
This two-day workshop will teach participants:
- How often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
- The importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
- The various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Strategies for dealing with tough tactics.
- Skills in developing alternatives and recognizing options.
- Basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- What is Negotiation? – The different types of negotiation (including positional bargaining) and the phases of negotiation.
- The Successful Negotiator – Key attributes of a successful negotiator.
- Preparing for Negotiation – The elements of preparing for negotiation: identifying your fears and hot buttons; doing research into your issues and the opponent’s issues; and preparing your WAP, BATNA, WATNA, and ZOPA.
- The Nuts and Bolts – Tips on preparing their documentation and choosing a place for the negotiation.
- Making the Right Impression – The importance of self-presentation during the negotiation, including small talk, attire, first impressions, rapport and the three Vs of communication.
- Getting Off to a Good Start – How to establish common ground and how to use ground rules.
- Exchanging Information – How to exchange information and what to do if the negotiation gets off to a bad start.
- The Bargaining Stage – Six techniques for negotiating success. (Participants will also have an opportunity to practice and observe these techniques through a role play.)
- Reaching Mutual Gain – Four obstacles to mutual gain and how to turn them into negotiation advantages.
- Moving Beyond No – Ways to get past no and how to break an impasse, so that you can get to “yes”.
- Dealing with Negative Emotions – Ways to deal with negative behaviors during a negotiation.
- Moving from Bargaining to Closing – How to tell when it’s time to move from the bargaining phase to the closing phase.
- Solution Types – Ways to build win-win solutions, achieve a sustainable agreement, and reach consensus.
- Role Play and video feedback – Day 2 will consist of learning through video and video feedback using role play scenarios
- Workshop Wrap-Up – At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out feedback and action sheets.
Who Should Attend?
This two-day course is designed for B2B sales reps and managers in the hardware industry looking to improve their negotiation skills.
The trainer uses a combination of theory, discussion, and group/individual exercises to reinforce learning. Day two is dedicated to a video-based role play exercises, where delegates can review their own progress and discuss that of others.
About the Trainer
Frank O’Toole, founder of Premier Training, has vast experience in selling and negotiation and has successfully trained in excess of 3,000 delegates in this area. He is a Keynote Presenter for numerous authorities and regularly presents in diverse conferences relating to Sales in Ireland and the UK.
Frank has been training full time since 2001, he commenced his training career with Premier Training in 2001 and within 6 months was their most sought after trainer.
Frank holds the following qualifications;
• Member of the Trainer and Trainers Competency Network
• Qualified Master Trainer
• 19 years full time coaching and developing others
• Regularly commissioned by National Newspapers to write training articles on Sales
• Expert Guest Speaker at Corporate Events
• 19 years full time experience in designing and delivering training
His track record for success in business prior to training was excellent, his sales career commenced in a commission only sales environment progressing to all areas of sales management becoming National Sales Manager of in excess of 400 sales people.