The aim of this one-day course is to equip hardware retail sales managers with the knowledge, skills and competence to realise sales targets through the effectual performance of their sales team.
Location: Hardware Association Ireland, Blackchurch Business Park, Rathcoole, Dublin
Duration: One day
Cost: HAI Members: €210; Non Members: €270
For any queries about future Performance Managing the Sales Team training please contact Aoife at email@example.com or call 01 2980969.
“Excellent delivery of course”
By the end of this course attendees will be equipped with the skills and knowledge of a successful leader, and have acquired the frameworks and skills needed to effectively deliver the sales performance management process, including setting and managing goals, delivering feedback and managing both people and teams.
Leading for Performance
- Transactional & Transformational Leaders
- A Definition of The Art of Management
- The Qualities Attributes & Traits of Successful Leaders
Performance Management Process
- Goal Setting Sales targets
- An 8-step strategy to achieve any goal
Measuring Sales Targets
- Critical Factors
- Trend Analysis
- The ’Field Advising’ Card
Behaviour & Effective Communication
- The 4 stages of Learning (how to change behaviour)
- The games people play (Transactional Analysis ego states)
Performance Management Skills
- Delegating Managing Monkeys
- Managing the 5 levels of initiative
- The Three C’s Model Challenge – Confidence – Coach
- Dealing with poor performance
- The sandwich technique / The EECC model
Creating High Performing Teams
- The 4 Stages of Team Development
Meetings that make a difference
- Why have meetings
- How to write a Meeting Agenda
- Educational, motivational interesting and effective meetings
- Purposes objectives – meeting flow – shopping lists
- Managing the time-frames
This is a highly interactive workshop; Demonstration, individual and group exercises and discussions, along with participant practice will be used to reinforce learning.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for sales managers in hardware retail and builders merchant businesses who are looking for ways to improve the management of their respective sales teams.
About the trainer
Terry Harmer is a Member of the Institute of Training & Development (MIITD), a Fellow of the Sales Institute of Ireland, (FSII), a Member of the Marketing Institute of Ireland, (MMII) a Licensed Practitioner of NLP, (NLP Prac.), holds a BSc. in Business Administration, and a Certificate in Training & Continuing Education, training on training evaluation and transfer of skills to the workplace.
After a period of four years, from 1973 to 1977 working in a family furniture business, Terry entered the insurance industry, and built a career (from Salesman to General Manager) on strengths in training and development, people management and leadership skills.
In 1991, he formed NLC, and specialises in designing and implementing training programmes and modules modelled on world class companies, using best practice initiatives, to train Sales, Customer Service, Communications, Teambuilding, Leadership, and People Management. He trains City & Guilds and FETAC and short training programmes for a number of Skillnets since 2000. He is on the Enterprise Ireland Mentor panel.