This one-day course is designed to give staff and managers in hardware B2B a clear understanding of telephone sales and demonstrate the skills, attributes and knowledge necessary to improve professionalism when using the phone and to recognise opportunities for gaining or enhancing a sale. Delegates will be provided with a blueprint to follow in creating customer loyalty and providing additional sales opportunities in today’s competitive market.
Location: Hardware Association Ireland, Blackchurch Business Park, Rathcoole, Dublin
Duration: One day
Cost: HAI Members: €210; Non Members: €270
By the end of the workshop delegates will have a greater understanding of telephone skills and the telesales process:
- The sales process
- Planning and preparation
- Understanding key ratios
- Handling Rejection
- Sales Telephone techniques
- Communicating on the telephone
- Establishing Needs
- Non-verbal communication on the telephone.
- Dealing with objections
- The follow through call
- Presenting the product
- Time Management for planning calls and customer contact time
- Closing the sale
- Understanding the telephone sales process
- Know the steps of a sale
- Inbound v outbound
- Inbound telephone sales skills
- Cold call sales
- How to control the call
- The importance of voice control on the telephone
- Opening benefit statements
- Making a Winning “First Impression”
- Psychology of YES on the phone
- Appointment setting skills
- Handle the fear of rejection
- Not let negative calls impact in a personal manner
- Handle objections effectively
- The relationship between the number of dials, number of calls and number of sales
- Creating clearly defined goals and objectives
- Avoiding procrastination and using time management techniques to make calls
- Using communication skills designed for the telephone
- The A.I.D.A. principle
- Closing and consolidating more sales
- The skills of follow up calling
- Selling to existing clients
Who Should Attend?
This course is for any managers or staff in hardware suppliers, distributors or manufacturers who use the phone in their day-to-day activity, whether that be taking orders over phone (inbound) cold calling prospects (outbound). This course is helpful for delegates with more experience in telephone correspondence but who are looking for more formal training.
The trainer uses group and individual exercises, role-play, skill practice and trainer led-discussions to enhance learning.
About the trainer
Frank O’Toole, founder of Premier Training, has vast experience in Effective Selling Skills and Telesales and has successfully trained in excess of 3,000 delegates in this area. He is a Keynote Presenter for numerous authorities and regularly presents in diverse conferences relating to Sales in Ireland and the UK. Frank has been training full time since 2001.
Franks holds the following qualifications;
-Member of the Trainer and Trainers Competency Network
-Qualified Master Trainer
-19 years full time coaching and developing others
-Regularly commissioned by National Newspapers to write training articles on Sales
-Expert Guest Speaker at Corporate Events
-19 years full time experience in designing and delivering training
His success as a trainer is due to his ability to create extremely interactive, highly participative training courses and offers practical tips from his own business experience which delegates can use in their own job roles.